June 13, 2011

Win a 20 Volt Black & Decker String Trimmer and Sweeper from Tool Snob

BD_trimmer_hero.JPG BD_sweeper_hero.JPG

Yup, we're giving away more stuff for Father's Day. And what dad doesn't want a new string trimmer and sweeper? These are cordless too, so the days of watching dad try to mix gas, attempt to pull the starter, and ultimately throw the trimmer against the side of the garage are over.

Black & Decker is generously going to send these two tools out to the lucky winner. We just got done writing our review of these two tools and it's here if you're interested. They're pretty cool items. They're also compatible with a large line of B&D outdoor equipment from a little chainsaw to a hedge trimmer.

So to enter, just leave a comment at this post telling us how much aggravation your two-stroke trimmer has caused you over the years...or tell us why you want to win these...or clue us into your landscaping projects that you're looking to get done this summer...or tell us a funny construction-related story about your dad.

Also, don't forget to check out B&Ds Facebook page here (they've got a massive sweepstakes going on). The tools are also available at Amazon here and here.

Read More in: Promotions

Posted by Doug Mahoney at June 13, 2011 5:02 AM

My back yard is such that it is easier to weed wack it than mow it. I would love a 20 Volt B D string trimmer and eliminate the power cord that is such a pain to use.

Posted by: Richard Stafford at July 11, 2011 6:09 AM

it's a fathers day gift, but would give it to my mother so she can reclaim the paver walkway I installed for her a few summers back. Like hair on an old man grass grows in all the wrong places.

Posted by: Kevin at June 16, 2011 12:34 PM

I just moved from a standard city lot to two acres in the country ...and it's on the side of a rather large wooded mountain. I burned out my weedeater the first time I used it here. My blower makes little difference. I'd love to trade them up for these two fine tools.

Posted by: Sharon at June 16, 2011 1:15 AM

I've got a nice Stihl brush cutter that will cut through small trees, but I left it home with my parents years ago. These days I just have a small yard & minimal trimming needs. Would be perfect for a battery powered unit, no cord, no exhaust & just small enough for a reasonably sized battery.

Posted by: Devin Noel at June 15, 2011 5:52 PM

Mixing fuel is a pain. No one likes keeping a tiny can of gas that inevitably gets old and gums up the carbs on the various trimmers and blowers. Dragging 300' of cord around an acre property is nearly as bad. A cordless setup would be a significant improvement and likely to make me get my trimming done before my neighbors start making comments.

Posted by: Patrick at June 15, 2011 10:15 AM

Recently my old trimmer broke down , so i would be cool to win new one.

Posted by: chris zagaja at June 14, 2011 11:37 PM

I don't have a 2-stroke. I have a 100' extension cord. It drives me mad. It might be the first thing I whack if I win. ;)

Posted by: David M. at June 14, 2011 12:37 PM

I've never owned a trimmer or leaf blower before. We grew up pulling grass around the trees with our hands and raking leaves and sweeping the sidewalk of grass clipping. I now live in the country and haven't done any trimming since we moved here.

Posted by: Luke at June 14, 2011 11:40 AM

We're working on taming the jungle that is our backyard. It would be nice to not have to mix the oil and gas. Winning these two tools would allow our family to have more fun time together.

Posted by: Amanda Belcher at June 13, 2011 11:13 PM

I already have a no gas lineup but they are all corded. My problem is that my trimmer is a hand me down from my grandfather (who passed) 18 years ago, so who knows how old it is. Anyway with the electric motor at the end, and nothing at the top it is unweildy. I don't really mind the cord on my mower, pruners, or edger but on a string trimmer it sucks.

Posted by: Tom at June 13, 2011 2:53 PM

You know, I've always hated weedeating. I've always thought it was the green pulp flying everywhere, but after reading this, I'm thinking maybe it is the 2 stroke trimmer. I mean, you have to mix the gas just right, it's hard to start. I'm frustrated before I even begin.

Maybe if it could just pick the trimmer up and start trimming it wouldn't be so bad.

Posted by: RyanB at June 13, 2011 9:46 AM

My 2 stroke trimmer works okay but it frequently is a hassle to get started. It's loud and is inconvenient if you run out of gas.

Posted by: Wesley at June 13, 2011 9:00 AM

I'd sure like to cut the 150' cord.

Posted by: Kimber Janney at June 13, 2011 7:26 AM