Home Depot iPhone App
A deal's a deal, but leaving the house on Black Friday indicates a certain type of obsessive mental instability only found in sky-divers and Pamplona bull-runners. While we have no idea who would want to participate in something that may in fact leave you helplessly crushed against the Wal-Mart customer service desk, we thought we'd call attention to Home Depot's iPhone App which may, just may, take a lash or two out of the Black Friday torture whip.
So from what we hear, the app has the following features (which, of course could be helpful on days other than Black Friday....it's just that we have a flair for drama):
- In-store maps of every Home Depot store in the U.S. to help you route your Black Friday path or easily find the section you need
- Tape measure that uses your shoe size to calculate any horizontal distance such as the width of your garage door for garland or lights
- Interactive caliper that measures the length or width of objects used for your home improvement or holiday decoration project
- Nut and bolt finder that helps you identify the size of an existing nut, bolt or screw whose mate goes missing
- Room size calculator that helps you figure out how much paint, drywall, flooring
- Hundreds of how-to DIY video guides and customizable supply lists
- Shop for presents or projects direct from your phone. There's even live chat to help you with your purchase
There is more information on the app here.
Read More in: Distractions
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Tool Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Doug Mahoney at November 23, 2010 7:30 AM