August 2, 2010

WTF is this?


Anyone know what this tool is? We sure don't. We're trying to help out a reader who was asking...

If you know the name of this thing or what it's for, drop it in the comments with some sort of documentation (like a link to a place selling it) and we'll send you a tool. This only goes for the first correct answer.

Read More in: Distractions

Share this Article with others: social bookmarking

Related Articles:

Came straight to this page? Visit Tool Snob for all the latest news.

Posted by Doug Mahoney at August 2, 2010 8:52 PM
Recent Comments

Indicator appears to be correct. We'd forgotten about this and had actually sent something out to one of the other guesses that seemed closest, but it does indeed look like it's an indicator.

Done and done.

Posted by: Tool Snob at October 7, 2010 6:18 AM

it looks like matt is correct tho the site looks like it isn't even sure what it is. "looks european"

good job matt

Posted by: river1 at October 7, 2010 2:09 AM

it is an indicator holder

Posted by: matt johnson at October 3, 2010 12:54 PM

it is an idicator holder used in a quality assurance setting. much like this one

Posted by: matt johnson at October 3, 2010 12:53 PM

i'm thinking those are all good thoughts but unfortunately aren't correct. i'm also think if we could get more pics from different angles it might open up more thought processes.

later jim

Posted by: river1 at August 16, 2010 5:38 PM

So much for my comment showing early on.

Posted by: Phil G at August 10, 2010 9:13 PM

probably a tool similar to this, older version.
my first post did not go through. why ??

Posted by: george at August 5, 2010 1:00 AM

looks like a electronics circuit board vise.

Posted by: george at August 4, 2010 11:35 PM

its the static end of a wood turning lathe.

Posted by: jeff at August 4, 2010 10:08 PM

Hmmm...I could have sworn I submitted a comment (even found a link) that this looks like a watch face and crystal press.

Maybe my last comment is still lost in the ether.

Posted by: Dale at August 4, 2010 6:50 PM

My guess is that it has something to do with ammunition reloading.

Posted by: Joel Spangler at August 3, 2010 6:58 AM

Looks like an arbor press. An old one. Look at or google "arbor press".

Posted by: Kevin Coombs at August 2, 2010 9:28 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?

Please enter the letter "t" in the field below:
Please press Post only once. Submission of comments takes up to 20 seconds because of Spam Filtering.

Join the Mailing List Newsletter
Enter your Email

Powered by FeedBlitz
Subscribe - RSS

facebook_badge.jpg twitter_badge.jpg

Recent Reviews
Recent Comments
james sanders: Borrowed Wagner paint eater from brother in law, working good read more
Bryan: Can you get the older molded stud 4 sure I read more
kevin kirkpatrick: I had a green Poulan for 20 years and it read more
Gary Schultz: Thinking about the red wing 2218. Will be doing a read more
Walt: How much does the 80 Volt Kobalt weigh? read more
Site Navigation

Visit our other properties at!


This weblog is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
All items Copyright © 1999-2017 Blogpire Productions. Please read our Disclaimer and Privacy Policy